MBA-3 Carbine Buttstock with .223/5.56 Commercial Buffer Assembly
$208.90 – $213.95
The MBA-3 adjustable Rifle Buttstock Assembly is a complete kit that includes everything you need to assemble a carbine buffer system on your .223/5.56 AR lower. The kit includes an MBA-3 Buttstock that features a 3-Axis Buttplate with Length-of-Pull adjustment as well as Height and Lateral adjustments, and an adjustable Cheek Rise in a lightweight, affordable carbine buttstock. Comes complete with Commercial 6-position carbine Buffer Tube, .223/5.56 Buffer, Buffer Spring, Latch Plate and Lock Ring. The modular design of the MBA Buttstock allows you to configure your buttstock to your specific and personal needs. Built-in rail attachment for attaching a monopod. The MBA features multiple attachment points for a sling, including molded pockets that will accept Grovtec QD cups, sold separately. Available in Black or Flat Dark Earth or Freedom Flag Cheek Rest (Black only).
Free shipping on orders over $175.00!
- Made in America
- Secure Checkout
- (1) MBA-3 Modular Buttstock Assembly
- (1) Carbine 6-Position Commercial Buffer Tube
- (1) .223/5.56 Carbine Buffer Spring
- (1) .223/5.56 buffer body – 3.2 oz
- (1) Latch Plate
- (1) Lock Ring
The MBA-3 includes the following features:
- Buttstock assembly to mount to a Carbine AR
- Fits all .223/5.56 AR style rifles
- Easy to Replace and quick to install
- It adds up to 1-inch of height on the cheek rest, and an additional 1-1/16 inch length of pull
- Made of super strong glass-filled nylon, the Luth-AR MBA-3 weighs roughly half that of comparable stocks coming in at just 18 ounces.
- Includes a Picatinny Rail on the bottom rear of the Stock Body to attach your choice of many accessories.
- Designed a flat bottom index set screw (10-24) to eliminate that constant rattle of carbine collapsible buttstock. This also allows you to secure the stock in your favorite position.
- 3-axis adjustable butt plate assembly (keep in mind this butt plate assembly is interchangeable with the original MBA-1 Buttstock) will have the following movement:
- Horizontal for linear adjustment (i.e. length of pull)
- Vertical for a perfect butt plate fit into the curvature of the shoulder.
- Lateral adjustment for a ½ inch left or right cast.
- The MBA-3 and MBA-4 available in Black or Flat Dark Earth
- Uses 4 out of the 6 positions on a mil-spec or commercial tube
- If you require a butt stock that will utilize the first 2 holes of the buffer tube to fully collapse, you can remove the cheek rest from the MBA-3, or order an MBA-4, order an MBA-4 and a 3-axis buttplate or order an MBA-5 buttstock.
- The vertical struts for the MBA-3 are fixed therefore the cheek piece is not reversible like the MBA-1 however the cheek piece itself is designed with a cheek pad for left-handed use
- Caution: the MBA-3 and MBA-4 Carbine buttstocks are not designed to be used with Large Bore Calibers such as .338 Lapua or .50 BMG applications. See our MBA-1 and MBA-2 Rifle buttstocks as alternatives.
- Length of Pull (LOP) – Extended: 15 5/8″
- Length of Pull (LOP) – Collapsed: 11 11/16″
- Overall Length Extended: 8 3/4″
- Overall Length Collapsed: 7 11/16″
- Weight: 18.5 ounces
*Length of Pull Specs depend on Buffer Tube Hole Location/Position and 5 or 6 hole patter.
Compatible Buffer Assemblies:
- .223/5.56 Mil-Spec Carbine Buffer Assembly (Included)
- .223/5.56 Commercial Carbine Buffer Assembly (Included)
- Material: 6061-T6 Aluminum
- Finish: Hardcoat Anodized Black
- .308/7.62 Mil-Spec Carbine Buffer Assembly
- .308/7.62 Commercial Carbine Buffer Assembly
- When used with the smaller diameter Mil-Spec tube you can adjust the set screw located on the left hand side using the included 3/32” Allen wrench. Turn clockwise to slowly tighten the set screw until it contacts the buffer tube. The Anti-rattle set screw is NOT designed to lock the position of the stock. Over tightening may damage the butt stock.
When sliding the buttstock onto a 6-position buffer tube, the lock pin has a notch in the head of the lock pin that must line up with a tab on the stock body. Once the slot and tab are lined up, the pin can be fully retracted allowing the buttstock to slide onto the tube. The MBA-3 should slide easily without resistance. If there is any resistance, the lock pin is not fully retracted.
The kit does not include the following items, they can be purchased separately in the accessories section:
- Sling Swivels (Side or Rear) Sold Separately, see below. Also see Tech-Tip Videos
Caution: the MBA-3 and MBA-4 Carbine buttstocks are not designed to be used with Large Bore Calibers such as .338 Lapua or .50 BMG applications. See our MBA-1 and MBA-2 Rifle buttstocks as alternatives.
SKU: MBA-3K-C — Black
SKU: MBA-3FK-C — Flat Dark Earth
SKU: MBA-3FFK-C — Freedom Flag
.223, .556 mm, .223 / 5.56
1" Fully Extended
Freedom Flag, Black, Flat Dark Earth