This package includes:
- (1) MBA-3 Modular Buttstock Assembly
- (1) Carbine 6-Position Mil-Spec Buffer Tube
- (1) .308/7.62 Carbine Buffer Spring
- (1) .308/7.62 Buffer Body – 3.8 oz, 2.5″ Length
- (1) Latch Plate
- (1) Lock Ring
The MBA-3 includes the following features:
- Buttstock assembly to mount to a Carbine AR
- Fits .308/7.62 AR style rifles
- Easy to Replace and quick to install
- It adds up to 1-inch of height on the cheek rest, and an additional 1-1/16 inch length of pull
- Made of super strong glass-filled nylon, the Luth-AR MBA-3 weighs roughly half that of comparable stocks coming in at just 18 ounces.
- Includes a Picatinny Rail on the bottom rear of the Stock Body to attach your choice of many accessories.
- Designed a flat bottom index set screw (10-24) to eliminate that constant rattle of carbine collapsible buttstock. This also allows you to secure the stock in your favorite position.
- 3-axis adjustable butt plate assembly (keep in mind this butt plate assembly is interchangeable with the original MBA-1 Buttstock) will have the following movement:
- Horizontal for linear adjustment (i.e. length of pull)
- Vertical for a perfect butt plate fit into the curvature of the shoulder.
- Lateral adjustment for a ½ inch left or right cast.
- The MBA-3 and MBA-4 are available in Black or Flat Dark Earth
- Uses 4 out of the 6 positions on a mil-spec or commercial tube
- If you require a butt stock that will utilize the first 2 holes of the buffer tube to fully collapse, you can remove the cheek rest from the MBA-3, or order an MBA-4, order an MBA-4 and a 3-axis buttplate or order an MBA-5 buttstock.
- The vertical struts for the MBA-3 are fixed therefore the cheek piece is not reversible like the MBA-1 however the cheek piece itself is designed with a cheek pad for left-handed use
- Caution: the MBA-3 and MBA-4 Carbine buttstocks are not designed to be used with Large Bore Calibers such as .338 Lapua or .50 BMG applications. See our MBA-1 and MBA-2 Rifle buttstocks as alternatives.
- Length of Pull (LOP) – Extended: 15 5/8″
- Length of Pull (LOP) – Collapsed: 11 11/16″
- Overall Length Extended: 8 3/4″
- Overall Length Collapsed: 7 11/16″
- Weight: 18.5 ounces
*Length of Pull Specs depend on Buffer Tube Hole Location/Position and 5 or 6 hole pattern.
Compatible Buffer Assemblies:
- .223/5.56 Mil-Spec Carbine Buffer Assembly
- .223/5.56 Commercial Carbine Buffer Assembly
- .308/7.62 Mil-Spec Carbine Buffer Assembly (Included)
- Material: 6061-T6 Aluminum
- Finish: Hardcoat Anodized Black
- .308/7.62 Commercial Carbine Buffer Assembly
The MBA-3 Kits do not include the following items, they can be purchased separately in the accessories section:
- Sling Swivels (Side or Rear) Sold Separately, see below.