MBA-2 Rifle Buttstock
The Luth-AR Modular Buttstock Assembly (MBA) for AR style rifles is designed to replace the standard buttstock on your AR. The MBA-2 is designed to work with a standard A2 rifle style buffer tube in a low-cost, lightweight, strong and high-quality design. Similar to the MBA-1, the MBA-2 is designed for those who do not need the additional adjustability of the MBA-1. The modular design of the MBA Buttstock allows you to configure your buttstock to your specific and personal needs, by adding additional adjustability as needed, or none at all.
The MBA-1 requires a A2 Rifle buffer tube. Please review the information provided in the Requirements tab.
The MBA features multiple attachment points for a sling, including molded pockets that will accept Grovtec QD cups, sold separately. A rail attachment is available. Available in Black, or Flat Dark Earth.
Add a QD Cup and QD Sling Swivel to your MBA-2…
MBA-2 Rifle Buttstock
|Length Of Pull||
Black, Flat Dark Earth, Pink
- Light weight stock to mount to a rifle (A2 Round Standard Tube)
- The MBA-1 requires a A2 Rifle buffer tube. Please review the information provided in the Requirements tab.
- Fits .223 and .308 AR style rifles
- Super Strong Glass Filled Nylon
- Comes with A2 Buttstock screw to connect to A2 standard buffer tube (* Color of the A-1 screw may be black or silver)
- Incorporates Castle Nut and Lock Ring in the design
- 21st century look
- Easy to replace and quick to install
- 0.7 lbs Buttstock for the AR
- Easy to add our Cheek Piece: Cheek piece will add an additional 1″ height on cheek rest
- Easy to add our Butt Plate Assembly or 3-Axis Butt Plate Assembly: The assemblies will add an additional 1 1/16″ length of pull with extended length buttplate
- Interchangeable with standard A2 or A1 buttstocks or any aftermarket buttstock with overall length of approximately 10.5″
- NOT interchangeable with carbine/collapsable rifles with telescoping assemblies (6-position tubes). You will need to purchase a MBA-3 or MBA-4 to fit these carbine tubes
Compatible Buffer Assemblies:
- .223 Rifle Buffer Assembly
- .308 Rifle Buffer Assembly
Does Not Include, but can purchase on our website separately in Accessories section:
- Sling Swivels (Side or Rear) Sold Separately, see below. Also see Tech-Tip Videos
- Buffer tube
- Buffer Body
SKU: MBA-2B — Black
SKU: MBA-2F — Flat Dark Earth
*Note although the MBA-1 Buttstock is shown in these videos, the information also pertains to the MBA-2 Buttstock.
The MBA-1 and MBA-2 Buttstocks require the use of an A2 Rifle buffer tube. Use the diagram below to determine if you currently have an A2 buffer tube. If you have a Carbine buffer tube you may want to look at the MBA-3, MBA-4 or MBA-5 buttstock. If you are ordering an MBA buttstock kit, the proper buffer tube is included.
The differences between an A2 Rifle Buffer Tube and a Carbine Buffer Tube.
All MBA Buttstocks are Sling Swivel Ready.
This means that the buttstocks have molded pockets that accept Grovtec Sling Swivel Cups for use with Quick Detach swivels. The Sling Swivels and cups are NOT included with the buttstocks and must be ordered separately. This is to keep the cost of the MBA buttstocks down. Not every customer needs sling swivels and including them would raise the price of the buttstocks. The sling swivels are available separately. See the videos below for installation instructions using the install kit, or using a 1/4″ Allen wrench.