MBA-1 Rifle Buttstock
$139.95 – $145.00
The Luth-AR Modular Buttstock Assembly (MBA) for AR style rifles is designed to replace the standard buttstock on your AR. The MBA-1 is designed to work with a standard A2 rifle style buffer tube and features Length-of-Pull adjustment and an adjustable cheek rise in a low-cost, lightweight, strong and high-quality design. The modular design of the MBA Buttstock allows you to configure your buttstock to your specific and personal needs.
The MBA-1 requires a A2 Rifle buffer tube. Please review the information provided in the Requirements tab.
The MBA features multiple attachment points for a sling, including molded pockets that will accept Grovtec QD cups, sold separately. A rail attachment is available. Available in Black or Flat Dark Earth or with Freedom Flag cheek rest.
Add a QD Cup and QD Sling Swivel to your MBA-1…
MBA-1 Rifle Buttstock
Freedom Flag, Black, Flat Dark Earth
1" Fully Extended
- Fully Adjustable Buttstock assembly to mount to a rifle (A2 Round Standard Tube) – This is our fixed stock
- The MBA-1 requires a A2 Rifle buffer tube. Please review the information provided in the Requirements tab.
- Additional 1″ height on cheek rest
- Additional 1 1/16″ length of pull with extended length buttplate
- Approximately half the weight of competitors’ adjustable stocks The “MBA” weighs just 1.26 lbs.
- Fits .223 and .308 AR style rifles
- Super Strong Glass Filled Nylon
- Comes with A1 Buttstock screw to connect to A2 standard buffer tube (* Color of the A-1 screw may be black or silver)
- Incorporates Castle Nut and Lock Ring in the design
- Easy to replace and quick to install
- Modular buttstock assembly for the AR
- Interchangeable with standard A1 or A2 buttstocks or any aftermarket buttstock with overall length of approximately 10.5″
- Fully Ambidextrous and can be comfortably used shooting off either shoulder (Cheek piece pre-installed for right handed shooters but can be installed on either side for right or left hand shooters)
- Cheek piece not only moves up and down, it also moves back and forth on the stock
- NOT interchangeable with carbine/collapsable rifles with telescoping assemblies (6-position tubes). You will need to purchase a MBA-3 or MBA-4 to fit these carbine tubes
Compatible Buffer Assemblies:
- .223 Rifle Buffer Assembly (A2 Round Standard Tube)
- .308 Rifle Buffer Assembly (A2 Round Standard Tube)
Does Not Include, but can purchase on our website separately in Accessories section:
- Sling Swivels (Side or Rear) Sold Separately, see below. Also see Tech-Tip Videos
- Buffer tube
- Buffer Body
- Buttstock Rail
SKU: MBA-1 (Black)
SKU: MBA-1F (Flat Dark Earth)
SKU: MBA-1FF (Freedom Flag)
The MBA-1 and MBA-2 Buttstocks require the use of an A2 Rifle buffer tube. Use the diagram below to determine if you currently have an A2 buffer tube. If you have a Carbine buffer tube you may want to look at the MBA-3, MBA-4 or MBA-5 buttstock. If you are ordering an MBA buttstock kit, the proper buffer tube is included.
The differences between an A2 Rifle Buffer Tube and a Carbine Buffer Tube.
All MBA Buttstocks are Sling Swivel Ready.
This means that the buttstocks have molded pockets that accept Grovtec Sling Swivel Cups for use with Quick Detach swivels. The Sling Swivels and cups are NOT included with the buttstocks and must be ordered separately. This is to keep the cost of the MBA buttstocks down. Not every customer needs sling swivels and including them would raise the price of the buttstocks. The sling swivels are available separately. See the videos below for installation instructions using the install kit, or using a 1/4″ Allen wrench.